Frequently Asked Questions About Helicopter Scenic Flights
How many people can go on a flight?
Can I take pictures during the scenic flight?
What do I need to take with for the scenic flight?
Can children come on a scenic flight?
When are scenic flights available?
Do you provide transportation for the scenic flight?
Please see full list of frequently asked questions below
- What are the requirements for a helicopter flight?
A helicopter flight can be planned on any day, but the weather has to be right. If we need to cancel the flight, then we will contact you via email or phone a few hours before your scheduled flight time.
We require min. 3 people or the cost covered for 3 people. If you are only 2 people, then we can try to find 1-3 other people to join you for the flight. If we cannot find anyone else and you are not willing to pay the minimum cost, the flight cannot take place.
The maximum capacity per helicopter is 5 people.
Due to the heliport regulations, we are not able to offer flights from 12 pm – 1.30 pm.
- Can I take pictures during the scenic flight?
Sure, you can take pictures and film during the whole flight.
- Does the pilot tell you anything about the region during the flight?
If you have questions, our dedicated pilots are happy to share their in-depth knowledge of the region with you.
- Are the scenic flights insured?
Third-party liability insurance is included, but we do not provide accident or medical insurance for scenic flights.
- Are the aircraft equipped with safety features?
Our aircraft are well-maintained according to all Federal Aviation Administration specifications, and we strictly adhere to all safety regulations.
- What are you doing to ensure the safety of your guests?
We will be doing the following:
- Regularly disinfecting all surfaces,
- Providing handwashing and disinfecting facilities
Please follow all instructions given by our staff. If you have signs of illness (fever, cough etc.), please do not visit our facilities. All guests (family or friends) coming to watch are also required to follow these rules.
- I feel ill, am I allowed to come on a scenic flight?
To ensure the safety of our staff and other participants, we ask you not to visit our facilities if you have any signs of illness (fever, cough etc.). All guests (family or friends) coming to watch are also required to follow these rules.
- Can I book a private flight for e.g. a marriage proposal, wedding, birthday or company party?
Yes, this is possible. With a private flight, the duration of the flight and the starting point can be individually adjusted to your wishes. We are happy to advise you personally for your individual flight. To arrange this, please get in touch with us.
- How to book a scenic flight?
Please send a request via email or give us a call, we will be happy to advise you and arrange the perfect flight for you.
- Can I book a taxi flight?
Please get in touch with us to discuss a personalised offer according to your requirements.
- Do you offer group discounts for scenic flights?
No, we do not offer any discounts for our scenic flights.
- What if the weather is too bad for the flight and it’s cancelled?
If the weather does not play along, we will postpone your flight to another date of your choice or you will receive a full refund.
- What is your cancellation and refund policy?
In the event of a complete cancellation, the following costs will be incurred by the purchaser:
1. 0% – Cancellation with more than 48 hours notice
2. 50% – Cancellation with 24 hours notice
3. 100% – Cancellation with less than 24 hours notice or in the event of not showing up
- What do I need to take with for the scenic flight?
Camera & sunglasses. If you are going on a scenic flight with glacier landing, please wear a warm jacket, gloves and appropriate shoes (ideally, waterproof boots). Depending on the weather conditions, you might have to navigate knee-deep snow on the glacier.
- Can children come on a scenic flight?
Children can also fly with us. However, it is important that the children really want to do the flight, otherwise the flight could become a test of patience for everyone. For small children we recommend a child seat.
We do not recommend that babies and children under 5 years old come on the scenic flights. The helicopter is not pressurised like commercial airplane flight cabins, therefore it might hurt their ears on the quick ascent and descent.
Children pay the same amount as adults.
- When are scenic flights available?
We operate our scenic flights all year round, weather depending. We can also offer glacier landings for helicopter scenic flights all year round.
- What time should we meet at the heliport for our scenic flight?
You need to be at the heliport approximately 15 minutes prior to your flight time. The pilot will acquaint you with Scenic Air’s safety regulations and give you an insight into what awaits you during your flight.
- Are scenic flights carried out in any weather?
Scenic flights can only take place in good weather (no rain, good visibility, not too much wind). If the weather does not play along, we will postpone your flight to another date of your choice or you will receive a full refund.
- Is there parking available at the heliport?
Yes, parking is free at the heliport, and there are plenty of spaces available.
- Can we book transportation for the scenic flight?
Unfortunately, we cannot offer transportation for your scenic flight. However, we can help with taxi arrangements for bigger groups and help you navigate the Swiss public transport system.
- How long will we stay on the glacier and can we go hiking there?
The glacier landing normally lasts about 10-15 minutes. This gives you plenty of time to take photos, play in the snow and enjoy the natural beauty of the glacier. However, it is not possible to go for a hike as part of the regular flights with glacier landings.
All glacier landings depend on weather conditions.
- Which glacier will we land on?
If you have booked a helicopter scenic flight, we will take you to the Petersgrat. This can change depending on weather conditions.
- Can we have a picnic or apèro on the glacier?
You can take your food and drinks with to enjoy on the glacier, but keep in mind that the glacier landing will last about 10-15 minutes.
- Will I get a window seat?
The helicopter has 3 window seats and 2 middle seats. Therefore, depending on the number of passengers on the flight, not everyone might get a window seat.
Your pilot will direct you to the most suitable seat for each passenger based on the loading requirements for each aircraft.
- Can the window/door be opened during flight to take photos?
No, this is not possible due to safety reasons.