Frequently asked questions
How many people can go on a flight?
Can I take pictures during the scenic flight?
What do I need to take with for the scenic flight?
Can children come on a scenic flight?
When are scenic flights available?
Do you provide transportation for the scenic flight?
Please see full list of frequently asked questions below
- What are the requirements for an airplane flight?
An airplane flight can be planned on any day, but the weather has to be right. The weather decision will be communicated to you one day prior to your flight.
We require min. 3 people or the cost covered for 3 people. If you are only 2 people, we can try to find 1-5 other people to join you for the flight. If we cannot find anyone else and you are not willing to pay the minimum cost, the flight cannot take place.
The maximum capacity for the airplane is 7 per flight.
Due to the airport regulations, we are not able to offer flights from 12 PM – 1 PM.
- Can I take pictures during the scenic flight?
Sure, you can take pictures and film during the whole flight.
- Does the pilot tell you anything about the region during the flight?
If you have questions, our dedicated pilots are happy to share their in-depth knowledge of the region with you. There is also a map in the airplane so you can see what mountains you are flying over.
- Are the scenic flights insured?
Third-party liability insurance is included, but we do not provide accident or medical insurance for scenic flights.
- Are the aircraft equipped with safety features?
Our aircraft are well-maintained according to all Federal Aviation Administration specifications, and we strictly adhere to all safety regulations.
- Do I need to bring anything with me?
In accordance with the hygiene and social distancing rules issued by the Swiss government, all our customers are required to wear face masks.
We kindly ask you to bring your own face masks for your personal use. If you do not have a mask, we can provide you with one upon arrival.
- What are you doing to ensure the safety of your guests?
We will be doing the following:
- Regularly disinfecting all surfaces,
- Providing hand washing and disinfecting facilities
- All staff and guests are required to wear face masks whilst on the aircraft
- Where possible, a distance of 2m between you and all other participants and employees of Scenic Air will be observed
Please follow all instructions given by our staff. If you have signs of illness (fever, cough etc.), please do not visit our facilities. All guests (family or friends) coming to watch are also required to follow these rules.
- How many people are allowed in the plane?
According to current restrictions we are allowed to take 5 people in the plane, which means 4 passengers and a pilot.
- I feel ill, am I allowed to come on a scenic flight?
To ensure the safety of our staff and other participants, we ask you not to visit our facilities if you have any signs of illness (fever, cough etc.). All guests (family or friends) coming to watch are also required to follow these rules.
Upon arrival, you will be asked to sign a waiver confirming that you do not have any Coronavirus symptoms.
- Can I book a private flight for e.g. a marriage proposal, wedding, birthday or company party?
Yes, this is possible. With a private flight, the duration of the flight and the starting point can be individually adjusted to your wishes. We are happy to advise you personally for your individual flight. To arrange this, please get in touch with us.
- How to book a scenic flight?
Please send a request via email or give us a call, we will be happy to advise you and arrange the perfect flight for you.
- Can I book a taxi flight?
Please get in touch with us to discuss a personalised offer according to your requirements.
- Do you offer group discounts for scenic flights?
No, we do not offer any discounts for our scenic flights.
- What if the weather is too bad for the flight and it’s cancelled?
If the weather does not play along, we will postpone your flight to another date of your choice or you will receive a full refund.
- What is your cancellation and refund policy?
In the event of a complete cancellation, the following costs will be incurred by the purchaser:
1. 0% – Cancellation with more than 48 hours notice
2. 50% – Cancellation with 24 hours notice
3. 100% – Cancellation with less than 24 hours notice or in the event of not showing up
- What do I need to take with for the scenic flight?
Camera & sunglasses.
- Can children come on a scenic flight?
Children can also fly with us. However, it is important that the children really want to do the flight, otherwise the flight could become a test of patience for everyone. For small children we recommend a child seat.
We do not recommend that babies and children under 5 years old come on the scenic flights. The airplane is not pressurised like commercial airplane flight cabins, therefore it might hurt their ears on the quick ascent and descent.
Children pay the same amount as adults.
- When are scenic flights available?
We operate our scenic flights all year round, weather depending.
- What time should we meet at the airfield for our scenic flight?
You need to be at the airfield approximately 15 minutes prior to your flight time. The pilot will acquaint you with Scenic Air’s safety regulations and give you an insight into what awaits you during your flight.
- Are scenic flights carried out in any weather?
Scenic flights can only take place in good weather (no rain, good visibility, not too much wind). If the weather does not play along, we will postpone your flight to another date of your choice or you will receive a full refund.
- Is there parking available at the airfield?
Yes, parking is free at the airfield, and there are plenty of spaces available.
- Can we book transportation for the scenic flight?
Unfortunately, we cannot offer transportation for your scenic flight. However, we can help with taxi arrangements for bigger groups and help you navigate the Swiss public transport system.
- Will I get a window seat?
All passengers on our airplane scenic flights will have a window seat. Your pilot will direct you to the most suitable seat for each passenger based on the loading requirements for each aircraft.
- What kind of airplanes do you have?
We mainly fly a Swiss-built, 7-seater Pilatus PC-6 Porter. This plane is ideal for scenic flights as it is able to fly close to the mountains and allows passengers to see the natural beauty that the Swiss Alps has to offer from a bird’s-eye view.
For our vintage flights (available from April till November), we use a Swiss Air Force aircraft, the Pilatus P-2. Developed by the Swiss Air Force and designed by the Swiss manufacturer Pilatus, this aircraft is a piece of Swiss history. The first prototype was completed and the first flight took place in 1945. In the following years only 54 Pilatus P-2 aircraft were built and used by the Swiss Air Force until 1981. This plane has 1 passenger seat.
- Can the window/door be opened during flight to take photos?
No, this is not possible due to safety reasons.